Destin Deep Sea Fishing
When visiting the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” you’ve got to plan a deep sea fishing excursion. Destin deep sea fishing is renowned for not just deep sea, but offshore sport, and bay fishing as well. Our waters are home to cobia, tarpon, amberine, king mackerel, flounder, black snapper, white snapper, trigger fish, grouper, and so many more types of fish.
There is no shortage of fishing charters or tour companies lining our sandy shores to help you get the best fishing experience on the Emerald Coast. Some of the more popular ones with crews to help you out on the water include:
Destin fishing charter companies
- Fish Destin - Fish Destin offers private charters for up to six passengers in the mood for deep sea fishing and works well with families with younger children.
- Fish N Fool & Lady Em - Specializing in offshore trips, about 10 – 12 hours, this charter company takes fishing and having fun seriously. They also offer shorter trips in the spring and summer for families with two half-day trips. Lady Em specializes in big family fishing trips and accommodates up to 18 people. Both companies include all your equipment for fishing.
- Hooked on Destin - Hooked on Destin provides charters for offshore and inshore fishing. Book a half-day trip or up to 12 hours.
- Huntress - The Huntress is a 40 ft. sport fisherman charter that accommodates up to six guests. You can book the boat from four hours all the way to 18. Your trip includes bait, tackle, license, and ice for your catch.
- The Phoenix - The Phoenix, a 55 ft. boat is captained by 30-year veteran Captain Scott and his excellent crew. Trips range from four hours to overnight trips though the four-hour trips are recommended for families or as introduction to deep sea fishing. The boat accommodates parties of up to 20 people and your rate includes all of your equipment.
- Silver Lining Charter - A private deep sea fishing charter service with its 46 ft. sports fisherman boat that can accommodate up to 13 passengers. All your equipment is provided and rates vary by length of trip and how many passengers are on board.
- Swoop Deep Sea Fishing Charters - Swoop, right off the HarborWalk Village, has two 65 ft. long boats (SWOOP I & II) and your journey includes a great crew and all the equipment: Fishing tackle, bait, and license. The crew will even clean, filet, and bag your catch for you – perfect to throw on the community grill at Seacove. Trips range from six- to eight-hour adventures or you can book a private charter.
Anyone between the ages of 16 and 64 who wish to fish must have a Florida fishing license that can be obtained through the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. A non-resident three-day license is $17, a seven-day license is $30, or for travelers making repeat visits to Destin but not a permanent resident can pay $47 for a 12-month license.
- Most companies won’t provide food or beverages but welcome you to bring your own, so pack a cooler with lunch and with plenty of water.
- Bring sun protection on board and apply frequently. You’ll be exposed to the sun’s glare bouncing off the water. It can be cooler on the water so many fishers will take a light rain jacket with them as well as a towel.
- Wear non-slip shoes for walking around the boat.
- For travelers prone to motion sickness, throw some ginger ale in your cooler or purchase some Dramamine or Bonine prior to getting on the boat.
- In October, you might find some crowds out on the water during the Destin Fishing Rodeo, a month-long fishing tournament that’s very popular with anglers.
Fishing is a popular way to spend a day in Destin but there are a variety of activities to add to your itinerary as well!